[tex-live] Re: Problem with \textsl and times, can this be confirmed?
Tomas G. Rokicki
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:32:00 -0700
I haven't tracked it down yet, but it seems to be a combination of:
1. Using partial font downloading, with
2. Using both Nimbus and Times-Roman in the same document.
Could it be a UniqueID or name clash of some sort?
Some data points:
1. If you remove the partially downloaded ptmr8o from the generated
PostScript file, the result looks fine (except for the removed font).
So the PostScript code that is selecting the characters from TimesRoman
is still fine.
2. If you use -j0 it looks fine.
3. If you omit -u +pdftex.map it looks fine (presumably because then
Nimbus is not included).
I'll keep looking at this . . .