[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - the slice-it-out release
preining at logic.at
Sat Dec 3 17:40:40 CET 2005
(for Neil: still no upload please)
After some nights of work (and more or less no sleep) I have done some
. blacklist tipa, tpslifonts, texpower, prosper
recommend updated (nmu)versions of these packages, distributet
via tug.org (see website).
. send patches to tipa and arabtex to upgrade them to work with tetex3
. killed texlive-lang-arab as it is arabtex (after arabtex is updated)
. repackaged many packages depending on tetex-XXX to depend
alternatively also on texlive.
distributed via the tug.org website. So now you can install lyx and
many other packages in parallel with texlive
(was nothing else den dpkg-deb -e/x, vi control, dpkg-deb -b)
Next on the list of slicing-out is jadetex/xmltex. There are other
candidates, but this is a hard buisness and takes some time to check
wether these packages are ok, maintained, ...
For those who use aptitude, the new packages are still -1 but should be
installed automatically/upgraded. For apt-get/dpkg I don't know wether
it checks that this is a new version of 2005-1.
Current Version: 2005-1 (still!, and will stay like this ;-)
Get it at
deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ updpkg/
deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ updpkg/
http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html contains a lot of information, please
Complete Changelog for this version and the previous one:
version 2005-1 experimental Sat, 3 Dec 2005 14:45:01 +0100
* blacklist euclide.tpm, as it is superseeded by pst-eucl
* "give Debian what Debian is":
- do not build texlive-lang-arab as it is arabtex which is in Debian
- blacklist prosper and depend on prosper (fix for prosper needed)
- blacklist texpower and tpslifonts as they are superseeded by the
Debian texpower package (fix for texpower needed), recommend texpower
- blacklist tipa as it is in Debian (fix for tipa send to maintainers)
* switch field separator in cfg file to ; so that epoch specifications work
* upload to experimental, based on scripts revision 210.
* Upload sponsored by Neil McGovern <maulkin at halon.org.uk>
* blacklisting xymtex as it is not distributable.
* blacklist (bin-)ppower4 as it depends on java and no sources
are provided within texlive (but you can get it from the author)
* save ChangeLog in utf8
* add dependency tl-context -> tl-metapost (thanks Arne JÃžrgensen)
* add symlink from texmf-texlive/ls-R to /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVE
* kill packages ttf-utils, ps-utils, graphics-tools, they should become
proper Debian packages
* another round of package renaming, adaptions to the perl script
* move only the files from texmf-dist and texmf-doc to texmf-texlive,
leave others in place (more work for teTeX cooperation has to be done)
* fix lintian generation for source packages
* reduce number of source packages
* rename various packages
* properly clean up debian subdir with target clean, ie remove the
generated maintainer scripts and the generated .link files.
* upgrade pgf in texlive-pictures to 1.01 for compatibility fixes
* Close the ITP (Closes: #312897)
* add a dependency tl-htmlxml -> tl-latexrecommended because jadetex
needs the ecrm fonts.
* switch to texmf-texlive tree, which also makes a dependency on
tex-common >= 0.12 necessary.
version 2005-0.2 UNRELEASED Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:49:00 +0100
* this release was uploaded as -1 to experimental but rejected. Thus
the release was renamed as -0.2 and a new -1 will be generated.
* re-add updmap-sys call to the postrm scripts
* make updmap-sys silent in postinst script
* make fmtutil-sys silent in postinst script
* make mktexlsr silent in postinst script
* change depend on tex-common to >= 0.11 for TEXMFSYSCONFIG change
* fix lintian source override installation
* fix etex/pdfetex format generation problem
* remove the 04TeXlive hack as the change will go into tex-common 0.11
* remap only a few config files (those for programs) to /etc/texmf/texlive
* try to fix the conundrum with format generation. This is a complete
upstream chaos (ok, also upstream I created the chaos ;-). Should be
fixed rather soon.
* fix invocation of grep in common.functions to add || true, since grep
returns if no match found
* fix installation of TeXlive.cnf as 04TeXlive.cnf into /e/t/texmf.d
* add a overriding TEXMF variable to 04TeXlive.cnf which includes
TEXMFCONFIG without !! (Should actually be fixed in tex-common!)
* remove the long invocation of language.dat
* fix merging of common.functions into postrm and prerm
* fix regexp for installing lintian.override files
* add common.functions and merge it into the maintainer scripts
* change check for the existence of a format from kpsewhich fmt.ini
to a fmtutil-sys --listcfg check (in common.functions)
* Leave the map files in TEXMFMAIN and do not remap them to /etc/texmf
* New configuration file handling, all the files are left in their
normal place and config files to shadow these files should be put
* Add override for TEXMFSYSCONFIG to /etc/texmf
* give the updmap.d, fmt.d, and language.d config snippets priority 10
and only the us language snippet the 09 priority.
* create a README.Debian
* lintian override for a2perl header problem
* add a distribution entry to the ChangeLog file and make tpm2deb.pl
aware of it
* fix all remaining man page warnings of lintian
* load tpm data from a dump of the %TpmData using perl::Storable,
significantly speeding up the initialization time at source-deb
* add additional override for texlive-langgerman that german is correct
* fix the man page errors (wrong char and ttf2pt1)
Dr. Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
And wow! Hey! What's this thing coming towards me very
fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a
big wide sounding word like... ow... ound... round...
ground! That's it! That's a good name - ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?
--- For the sperm whale, it wasn't.
--- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
More information about the tex-live