[tex-live] final TL'10 update imminent
zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:36:33 CEST 2011
2011/5/25 Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk>:
> On 25/05/2011 13:45, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Mi, 25 Mai 2011, Joseph Wright wrote:
>>> Thanks for that: there are some LaTeX3 things to update that we are
>>> holding back from CTAN until after the TL freeze. So it sounds like I'll
>>> be safe to send them at the weekend.
>> Freezing updates to tlnet and actually updating packages are two pairs
>> of shoes. Of course we will continue to update packages from CTAN, but
>> these updates will NOT be pushed to tlnet, but only to testing releases
>> of TL11.
>> So to be sure that the changes you seemingly NOT want to see in the
>> released version of TL2011 you have should wait for the actual release.
>> But then after the release these changes will be picked up quite fast,
>> and distributed over the usual tlmgr channels.
>> I am a bit unsure what you are trying to achieve.
>> Best wishes
> We have some large-ish changes to send to CTAN. Inevitably, these will
> have bugs. So the aim is to make sure that the version which ends up on
> the DVD is not buggy. There are two ways to achieve this: 1) send to
> CTAN far-enough in advance of the freeze such that there is time for
> further updates or 2) wait until after the freeze so that the current
> version is on the DVD, then release to CTAN.
Long ago we developed the babel module for Hindi but I did not contact
the LaTeX team to put it to babel. The Velthuis Devanagari package
contains both hindi.ins and hindi.dtx (as well as generated hindi.pdf)
in the "doc" directory and generated hindi.ldf in the "tex input"
directory. The users thus must edit language.dat in order to enable
it. What would be the best scenario to get this module to babel?
> My understanding of the timetable is that we are too close to the freeze
> date for (1) to be safe, so we have to go for (2).
> Joseph Wright
More information about the tex-live