[tex-live] PERL/TK installer
P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Nov 26 14:58:31 CET 2018
As the new TCL/TK installer doesn't expose TEXMFSYSVAR and
TEXMFSYSCONFIG locations, I used the original installer when trying to
install TeX Live from home and ran into the following problems (none of
which are related to TEXMFSYSVAR/TEXMFSYSCONFIG) —
1) I downloaded the full installation repository using Rsynch to
2) I tried to install using install-tl-advanced.bat and was told
(paraphrase, not at home as I am composing this) "Inadequate
permissions"; changing ECHO OFF to ECHO ON disclosed that this occurred
at the point "call "%~dp0install-tl-windows.bat" -gui perltk %*"
3) I invoked "install-tl-windows -gui perltk" by hand (which succeeded)
but then found that it was trying to install from Oxford rather than
from my local repository.
4) I consulted the documentation and found that it inconsistently
described the format of the "repository" qualifier, some places stating
that it was to be preceded by a single minus sign and some by a double.
I tried both, as in :
* install-tl-windows.bat" -gui perltk -repository .
* install-tl-windows.bat" -gui perltk --repository .
and it barfed on both. Only :
* install-tl-windows.bat" -gui perltk -repository
Could anyone shed any light on these problems, please ?
More information about the tex-live