texlive pretest: updmap under Windows in an auxtree doesn't work

Keks Dose Cookie170 at web.de
Fri Apr 19 21:52:48 CEST 2019

With Ulrikes help I got it sorted out.

The auxiliary tree contains a file »libertine.map«. texlive as well comes with a map file called »libertine.map«. So I had the »clever« idea to tell updmap-sys to enable the auxiliary tree map file and gave the full path.

Two errors: 

(1) no need to give the full path, becaus the auxiliary tree has priority over the texmf-dist tree

(2) libertine.map already has been enabled by updmap-sys

So the simple solution would have been to add the auxiliary tree and then simply 'updmap-sys' .

OK, _but_ unfortunately my misguided attempts lead to the result, that in c:/texlive/2019/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg the libertine.map had been registered with full path and updmap did not like that. After deleting those lines from updmap.cfg, updmap-sys worked as expected:

== == ==

updmap will read the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
updmap may write changes to the following updmap.cfg file:
dvips output dir: "c:/texlive/2019/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap"
pdftex output dir: "c:/texlive/2019/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap"
dvipdfmx output dir: "c:/texlive/2019/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap"

updmap is creating new map files
using the following configuration:
  LW35 font names                  : URWkb (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/upd
  prefer outlines                  : true (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/updm
  texhash enabled                  : true
  download standard fonts (dvips)  : true (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/updm
  download standard fonts (pdftex) : true (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/updm
  jaEmbed replacement string       : ipaex (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/upd
  jaVariant replacement string     : <empty> (default)
  scEmbed replacement string       : arphic (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/up
  tcEmbed replacement string       : arphic (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/up
  koEmbed replacement string       : baekmuk (c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/u
  create a mapfile for pxdvi       : false (default)

Scanning for LW35 support files  [  3 files]
Scanning for MixedMap entries    [ 35 files]
Scanning for KanjiMap entries    [  0 files]
Scanning for Map entries         [244 files]

Generating output for dvipdfmx...
Generating output for ps2pk...
Generating output for dvips...
Generating output for pdftex...

Files generated:
       16037 2019-04-19 17:42:47 builtin35.map
       21511 2019-04-19 17:42:47 download35.map
     2917410 2019-04-19 17:42:48 psfonts_pk.map
     3170247 2019-04-19 17:42:47 psfonts_t1.map
     3170242 2019-04-19 17:42:47 ps2pk.map
     3170247 2019-04-19 17:42:47 psfonts.map = psfonts_t1.map
     3170249 2019-04-19 17:42:48 pdftex_dl14.map
     3168584 2019-04-19 17:42:48 pdftex_ndl14.map
     3170249 2019-04-19 17:42:48 pdftex.map = pdftex_dl14.map
         309 2019-04-19 17:42:47 kanjix.map

Transcript written on "c:/texlive/2019/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log".
updmap: Updating ls-R files.

== ==

I tested the auxtree and it worked as I expected.

So my issue is solved. Many thanks to Ulrike and you all for a new version of texlive!

Kind regards,


More information about the tex-live mailing list