[tex-live] How show pdf output?
P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 18:02:15 CET 2019
leeayoung at morrisbb.net<mailto:leeayoung at morrisbb.net> wrote:
I have used TeX editors in the past, but my memory of how I did this is poor.
How do I show pdf output in any TeX editor? I have tried using BaKoMa, TeXworks, and TeXstudio, but I have never seen any pdf version.
I need extremely elementary guidance.
I know nothing of BaKoMa or TeXstudio. but TeXworks, out of the box, should automatically display the resulting PDF. Try the following :
* Open TeXworks
* Tell it to create a new file (if it did not do so by default)
* Paste the next line into the new file
* Hello world\end
* Look in the "Compiler" drop-down and ensure that it reads either "PdfTeX" or "XeTeX"
* Press Ctrl+\
* Press the "Compile" button
* Accept the proposed filename and location
* Report back what happens
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tex-live